[dev] Proposal for _group_hook

Mike Dorman dorm at dorm.org
Thu Aug 17 12:25:49 PDT 2006

Anyone have any thoughts on changing the method for doing group hooks
to _group_hook($groupName, $userName) instead of _group_hook_groupName
($userName)?

This will allow for determining which groups have hooks
programatically, rather than manually having to create the hook for
each group.

I'm not sure if there is much of a performance implication.  The
function_exists() call would be for _group_hook, and if it exists
would then call it.  So I don't think there would be any extra
function calls.

Let me know.  I can submit patches if people think this is a good
idea.  It would definitely help in my implementation.

Thanks,
Mike