[dev] Playing with ansel again...

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Aug 18 20:30:54 PDT 2006

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> The problem I am running into is that this application is using it's
> own datatree 'namespace' if you will, by setting the $app parameters
> in the api calls. (Once again, I don't want these images showing via
> Ansel's interface).  It seems that it is currently impossible to
> view images out of Ansel if you are not serving from the vfs and are
> not using the 'default' ansel share - this is because when
> Ansel::getImageUrl() is called from the the _ansel_listImages() it
> is using the correct share, but when you attempt to follow the link
> it returns (ansel/img/thumb.php?image=3164 for instance) ansel then
> uses it's own share loaded in base.php.
>
> The only way I can think of fixing this is to pass another GET
> parameter in the url identifying the share we want to use.  Using
> vfs is no problem for me, but I think we should either allow this to
> work with or without vfs - or document that it requires vfs.

That makes sense to me. By "document that it requires vfs", you mean
using the vfs-direct hack, right?

> BTW, this application is purely a personal project - it's an app for
> tracking/organizing a pilot's flight log, flagging when certain
> "currency requirement" dates are up, if your legal to fly the type
> of flight you plan on flying, charts/graphs summarizing your flight
> time, adding pictures from the flight etc...  I'm also toying around
> with a google maps 'smash-up' showing aerial views of the departure
> and arrival airports.  If there is any interest in this type of
> thing to be included under the Horde banner, I'd be more than happy
> to contribute it to the project...it's PHP5 only at the moment, only
> because the only storage driver I've written yet is for RDO -  and
> of course 'Horde worthy' code is still a bit in the future ;)

Not something I would use, but sounds very cool. Feel free to promote
it as a "Horde app" if you want to release it, or to toss it into the
incubator... (let me know if you want to do that and I'll make sure
you have perms).

-chuck