[dev] Playing with ansel again...

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Fri Aug 18 17:14:44 PDT 2006

I'm working on yet another application that is to use some of Ansel's
api. One of the development servers I am using for this is not set up
to use the vfs to server images for ansel, but must get it through the
ansel/img/*.php files.

The problem I am running into is that this application is using it's
own datatree 'namespace' if you will, by setting the $app parameters
in the api calls. (Once again, I don't want these images showing via
Ansel's interface).  It seems that it is currently impossible to view
images out of Ansel if you are not serving from the vfs and are not
using the 'default' ansel share - this is because when
Ansel::getImageUrl() is called from the the _ansel_listImages() it is
using the correct share, but when you attempt to follow the link it
returns (ansel/img/thumb.php?image=3164 for instance) ansel then uses
it's own share loaded in base.php.

The only way I can think of fixing this is to pass another GET
parameter in the url identifying the share we want to use.  Using vfs
is no problem for me, but I think we should either allow this to work
with or without vfs - or document that it requires vfs.

Thoughts?

BTW, this application is purely a personal project - it's an app for
tracking/organizing a pilot's flight log, flagging when certain
"currency requirement" dates are up, if your legal to fly the type of
flight you plan on flying, charts/graphs summarizing your flight time,
adding pictures from the flight etc...  I'm also toying around with a
google maps 'smash-up' showing aerial views of the departure and
arrival airports.  If there is any interest in this type of thing to
be included under the Horde banner, I'd be more than happy to
contribute it to the project...it's PHP5 only at the moment, only
because the only storage driver I've written yet is for RDO -  and of
course 'Horde worthy' code is still a bit in the future ;)

--
Thanks,
Mike

"Am I getting old, or has the supermarket been playing great music lately?"