[dev] User deletion and cleanup

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Fri Sep 8 07:10:38 PDT 2006

Quoting "Kevin M. Myer" <kmmyer at gmail.com>:

> Awhile back, I had asked about the possibility of maintenance scripts,
> for helping to cleanup the DataTree entries, apps, etc., when a user
> was deleted (see
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.horde.user/12028).  Jan replied
> that removing a user should cleanup their preferences but that the
> other items would not be cleaned up yet.
>
> I haven't tracked active development of Horde for quite some time now,
> so I'm wondering if there has been any progress in that area since my
> original post.  If not, is there a recommended manual way to clean up
> the various bits associated with an account on a Horde install?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

I've wondered where you went ;)

I know that there were some problems a while back with some of the
removeUserData calls.  I can't speak for all of the applications, but
I know I fixed the turba and kronolith api calls.  IIRC, in turba,
depending on the driver, the address book entries, the history data
and the horde_share entries in the datatree are removed.  In
kronolith, the share entries and the event data are removed.  A search
through the lists should turn up some info, as I know there was some
discussion on this not *that* long ago.

Are you still with the IU in philly?