[dev] Is Horde Threadsafe?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Sep 12 08:57:37 PDT 2006

Quoting Michael Menge <michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de>:

> I would like to use horde with apache2-worker, but i read that there
>  my be problems with mod_php and php-applications that are not
> threadsafe.
>
> Is horde threadsafe and if not is it planed to make horde threadsafe?

This is not the question you should be asking. Horde is PHP code; PHP
does not expose threading features to code written in PHP; therefore
Horde itself (and any PHP application for that matter) can't be, or
not be, threadsafe. What you want to know is if the PHP extensions
that Horde uses are threadsafe. You might have no problems, as Duck
said, but the gettext extension in particular is known to be
problematic. YMMV, as they say.

-chuck