[dev] Splitting Agora comment per app tables

Duck duck at obala.net
Tue Oct 10 11:09:07 PDT 2006

Again I encounter the same old problem of slowness of DT. I have a project
with more then 150  thousands comments in one app and 70 thousands in
another. Now the project needs a separate forum.

This project already has integrated IMP and Ansel so I would like to move all
the commenting staff to Agora. But Agora accessing is slow because of
DataTree usage.

The fist possibility that will definitely help, it would be separating the
forum part and commenting part for every application to its own DT root and
attributes table. But how to do this. I cannot just trick DT configuration
parameters since will affect the “hosting” application itself. Ex Ansel
shares.

Is possible to retrieve an configuration option from anther app thought
registry? So I can set something like $conf['comments']['params']['table'] in
the comment section of the hosting application configuration.

The next improvement will be flattering attributes but this is to much complex
for now.

Duck