[dev] procmail and folders beginning with |

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Oct 11 04:48:41 PDT 2006

> Clever guy. Anyway, prohibiting valid IMAP folder names is not an
> option, instead we probably need to properly escape special chars in
> folder names. Any ideas for sane list of characters that need to be
> escaped?

Do you want to escape charakters for the folder creation or for the
folder selection? To escape the charakters at folder creation is not
enought becaus we have to allow other Mail-Client and he can create
the folders this way.

If you escape the charakters at the folderselection the result must
point to the same folder as without.

A solution could be to prefix the $MAILDIR to the foldername.

> Oh, and this should go into http://bugs.horde.org/.

Ticketid is 4513

M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Waechterstrasse 76
72074 Tuebingen