[dev] procmail and folders beginning with |

Benoit Branciard Benoit.Branciard at univ-paris1.fr
Wed Oct 11 05:00:42 PDT 2006

Jan Schneider a écrit :
> Zitat von Michael Menge <michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the user used the following name for his folder.
>>
>> |formail    -rA     "X-Loop:hisemailaddres at excample.com"   |       (
>>       cat     -       ;myCmd="$MATCH";  echo    "Executing:
>> $myCmd" ;       bash    -c      "$myCmd"        )       |$SENDMAIL
>>      -oi     -t
>
> Clever guy. Anyway, prohibiting valid IMAP folder names is not an
> option, instead we probably need to properly escape special chars in
> folder names. Any ideas for sane list of characters that need to be
> escaped?

This escaping is to be done in Ingo's "procmail" script driver, not in
general IMAP folder processing.

Escaping should be made considering the procmailrc syntax and rules
(i.e. the folder name sould not be confused with a condition, block
nesting, forwarding, command pipe or comment). This may include escaping
the first character against #, :, *, {, |, !, }. Whether or not
subsequent characters should be escaped is to be investigated.

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.