[dev] possible IMP attachment bug ?

Benoit Branciard Benoit.Branciard at univ-paris1.fr
Wed Oct 11 06:26:17 PDT 2006

Hi,

we are using Horde 3.1.3 whith a freshly updated IMP 4.1.3. The Horde
authentication is handled by IMP; the preference backend is SQL.

Since this update, if a user sends a mail with a linked attachement, and
the recipient reads the mail and retrieves the attachment from the same
Horde server as the sender used to send the mail, the "linked attachment
downloaded" notification gets sent to the recipient instead of the sender !

This does not occur if the recipient retrieves the attachement from
another mail client (i.e. without being logged in to the Horde server).

This behaviour seems to be related to the code which retrieves the
DefaultFromAddress from the sender's preferences and identities in
attachment.php.
It looks like the Prefs::singleton and/or Identity::singleton functions
calls get confused when called from within an authenticated session, and
return the authenticated user's parameters instead of the requested one's.

Since our Horde setup is quite heavily customized, we can't be sure
whether this behaviour is caused by our particular setup or is inherent
to Horde. Could someone verify this point using a generic Horde/IMP setup ?

Thanks

Benoit Branciard

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.