[dev] Proposal: less mailing lists

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Oct 31 17:28:23 PST 2006

Quoting "Kevin M. Myer" <kmmyer at gmail.com>:

> Makes sense to me.  Most folks who install an app *should* also be on
> the horde list (or already are, judging from the cross-postings that
> occur from time to time).
>
> Only downside I see would be a higher overall mail volume, and less
> granularity for those who want to focus only on a specific app.  But
> merging lists may also stimulate additional thinking surrounding
> discussions that may have previously been confined to a single list.

Yes, increasing the number of minds on conversations is one of my
goals. I think that there is a balance between too much granularity
and too little, and I think we are currently way too spread out for
the general size of the dev community. Obviously one list would be way
too little. So I'm hoping to get back towards the middle a bit.

-chuck