[dev] Proposal: less mailing lists

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 31 19:06:40 PST 2006

> I think we have way too many mailing lists. I'd like to propose
> consolidating most of them. I'd condense the groupware apps into one
> list, perhaps including the sync list. I'd keep dev, and cvs
> seperately. Bugs can stay seperate or be merged with cvs (similar to
> how we already send wiki edits to the cvs list).

I personally think it is best to keep them as separate as possible for
the "major" apps.  You can combine some, but not all; for example we
could possible merge mnemo, kronolith and nag, or IMP and turba, etc.
But to have too many together makes it too hard one those who don't
run all the apps covered by that mailing list.

So I'm not against merging some, but I'm against merging too much.

> I'd consolidate the developer tools also, and perhaps some other things.
>
> I've already removed some lists that had their last post a few years ago.
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> "we are plastered to the windshield of the bus that is time." - Chris

Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin

Go Longhorns!