[dev] Proposal: less mailing lists

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Oct 31 21:43:27 PST 2006

Quoting Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> I personally think it is best to keep them as separate as possible for
> the "major" apps.  You can combine some, but not all; for example we
> could possible merge mnemo, kronolith and nag, or IMP and turba, etc.
> But to have too many together makes it too hard one those who don't
> run all the apps covered by that mailing list.
>
> So I'm not against merging some, but I'm against merging too much.

Well, right, that's the trick.

So, I think IMP + MIMP + DIMP is good. Maybe add Ingo and Sam into
Sork - either for mailing list purposes but also perhaps for code
purposes later. Groupware (turba, mnemo, nag, kronolith) would fit
with the groupware packages. That would be a start. What do folks think?

-chuck