[dev] Recent RDO changes

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Fri Nov 10 17:35:25 PST 2006

Alright, this is what I get for writing against HEAD code.  The recent
commits regarding the new DML objects totally broke a bunch of my
scripts.  While investigating the changes to the class interfaces, it
seems like something like:

<code>
$results = $this->_flightMapper->storage()->getCursor($query);
</code>

would be the 'new' way of doing:

<code>
  list($sql, $bind) = $this->_flightMapper->storage()->process($query);
  $results = $this->_flightMapper->storage()->query($sql, $bind);
</code>

from outside any of the RDO objects.  (Code in above example is from a
storage driver for an app I'm working on, and obviously
$this->_flightMapper refers to a  private class instance of a mapper
object which is set in the class' constructor).

Running the above code causes my server to die with a segfault, no
other messages or log entries.

Before I investigate further, I just want to make sure my assumptions
about how to do the above is correct...

--
Thanks,
Mike

"Am I getting old, or has the supermarket been playing great music lately?"