[dev] Ansel question/upgrade info

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Dec 7 07:37:47 PST 2006

First, a question - Was the 'copy' image action taken out by design?
If so, I found it very useful on the installations that I use as
content managers for other non-horde websites...any chance on putting
it back in?  For curiosity - why was it taken out?

Second, just some notes on how my first pass at an update went.  The
scripts seemed to run smoothly, after I fixed a database permission
issue I had with the mysql horde user, but I think that might have
been something that I had messed up at some point in the past.
Anyway, on the first server things seemed to go fairly well, the
galleries looked intact, the images, at first glance seemed to be
where they belonged, but when I started going through the galleries
image, by image, there were a few images (around 10 so far - out of
about 500+) that were in the wrong place.  The captions on the images
were the correct captions for what *should* have been there, but the
image was the wrong one.  I have no idea at this point what could have
caused this...and to be honest, since it would mean restoring my vfs
and db tables from backup to retry and debug, I doubt I will look into
it further...this is just really an FYI.

Now, on the seconed server, I completly trashed the vfs/datatree.
This one was completely my fault.  On this machine, I had already
seperated out the ansel data from the datatree - basically just using
a seperate set of datatree tables for the ansel data.  When I modified
the upgrade script to use my horde_datatree_ansel* tables, I missed
one of the table names on a join. Sooooo.....when the script ran, it
completely messed up mapping the image ids to the vfs.  Luckily,
things were backed up and no harm done.  Again, this is just an FYI to
let anyone who's interested know how things went....and to underline
the importance of a backup!

Chuck, would it be worth either prompting the user for the datatree
table names or maybe just grabbing it from the $conf array in case
others have seperated ansel data into a seperate datatree?

--
Thanks,
Mike

"Am I getting old, or has the supermarket been playing great music lately?"