[dev] Ansel question/upgrade info

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Dec 7 08:11:40 PST 2006

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> First, a question - Was the 'copy' image action taken out by design?
>   If so, I found it very useful on the installations that I use as
> content managers for other non-horde websites...any chance on
> putting  it back in?  For curiosity - why was it taken out?

Copy as previously implemented was broken; it didn't copy attributes,
for example. It was going to take some re-jiggering with the new code
to implement it correctly, so for now I removed it. If there's a need
for it I'm fine with bringing it back, just implemented right.

> Second, just some notes on how my first pass at an update went.  The
>  scripts seemed to run smoothly, after I fixed a database permission
>  issue I had with the mysql horde user, but I think that might have
> been something that I had messed up at some point in the past.
> Anyway, on the first server things seemed to go fairly well, the
> galleries looked intact, the images, at first glance seemed to be
> where they belonged, but when I started going through the galleries
> image, by image, there were a few images (around 10 so far - out of
> about 500+) that were in the wrong place.  The captions on the
> images  were the correct captions for what *should* have been there,
> but the  image was the wrong one.  I have no idea at this point what
> could have  caused this...and to be honest, since it would mean
> restoring my vfs  and db tables from backup to retry and debug, I
> doubt I will look into  it further...this is just really an FYI.

What I've seen is that some gallery default images aren't correct, but
I haven't yet found images inside galleries that are wrong. You might
try deleting the screen/thumb/mini size images for the ones that are
off, and see if the full size images are right.

> Chuck, would it be worth either prompting the user for the datatree
> table names or maybe just grabbing it from the $conf array in case
> others have seperated ansel data into a seperate datatree?

If you could add something to pull the names from $conf, that sounds
like a good improvement.

-chuck