[dev] Warning: Unresponsive script

eculp@encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Dec 11 06:43:15 PST 2006

> Quoting "eculp at encontacto.net" <eculp at encontacto.net>:
>
>> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

>>> No.  On which pages are you seeing this?
>>
>> I can't really tell.  The machine becomes slow and when I would
>> like to pick it up and throw it out a window I get the message.  :(
>>>
>>> You may also want to do a shift-refresh (or whatever your
>>> preferred method of clearing your cache) to make sure you have the
>>> up-to-date JS files.
>>
>> I do that, restart apache, etc. etc.  Nothing seems to fix it.
>> After sending the email I decided to try something different,
>> rather than use the server as my work station, I moved to another
>> machine and haven't had any problems.  I'm setting here watching a
>> "top" on the server and it hasn't had any issues at all.  Now I may
>> have a work-around and I probably shouldn't use my unix servers as
>> workstations but I've been doing it for over 20 years with no
>> issues until now and in my opinion they should not have problems.
>> I'm going to continue to try and track this down, if anyone else
>> sees this please let me know.
>
> This has nothing to do with your servers.  The slow script your
> browser is bugging you about is a slow javascript script running on
> the client (i.e. browser) machine.  So it has nothing to do with
> apache, IMAP servers, etc.
>
> If you want to try to debug locally (since apparently I nor any of
> the other devs are seeing this behavior), if using firefox you can
> install firebug (http://www.getfirebug.com/) and see which script is
> causing problems - it sounds like one of the scripts is entering a
> infinite loop but, again, I have no idea why/where this would be
> happening because I do not see it myself.

Thanks, Michael.  What you saying is correct I'm sure.  I've been
using my laptop rather than the server and no longer have problems.
I'm going to try debuging it.  It'll be a good exercise because
ultimately firefox on freebsd has been causing a fair amount of
problems not just this.

Thanks again,

ed