[dev] [cvs] commit: ingo/lib/Template Template.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Dec 18 09:04:50 PST 2006

> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
>> jan         2006-12-18 02:31:46 PST
>>
>>  Modified files:
>>    lib/Template         Template.php
>>  Log:
>>  Merge Horde_Template.
>>
>>  Revision  Changes    Path
>>  1.2       +465 -76   ingo/lib/Template/Template.php
>
> Uh, the fact that this was necessary to unbreak Ingo made it apparent
> to me that the current implementation is a BC break. We need to
> resolve this somehow.

The Horde_Template has been BC-broken for a very long time (at least a
year).  When I fixed the behavior to allow ifs/loops/scalars beyond
the first level, it broke BC.  That's why any app that has templates
that use these tags need their own copy (see, e.g., IMP).

Originally, only _parseLoop() was needed to maintain BC.  But now
_parseLoop() calls new private functions inside of it, so we need the
whole file (actually, we probably don't need the whole file, but it
will be easier to maintain).

michael