[dev] [cvs] commit: ingo/lib/Template Template.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Dec 18 09:35:55 PST 2006

>> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>>
>>> jan         2006-12-18 02:31:46 PST
>>>
>>> Modified files:
>>>   lib/Template         Template.php
>>> Log:
>>> Merge Horde_Template.
>>>
>>> Revision  Changes    Path
>>> 1.2       +465 -76   ingo/lib/Template/Template.php
>>
>> Uh, the fact that this was necessary to unbreak Ingo made it apparent
>> to me that the current implementation is a BC break. We need to
>> resolve this somehow.
>
> The Horde_Template has been BC-broken for a very long time (at least
> a year).  When I fixed the behavior to allow ifs/loops/scalars beyond
> the first level, it broke BC.  That's why any app that has templates
> that use these tags need their own copy (see, e.g., IMP).
>
> Originally, only _parseLoop() was needed to maintain BC.  But now
> _parseLoop() calls new private functions inside of it, so we need the
> whole file (actually, we probably don't need the whole file, but it
> will be easier to maintain).

Yeah, but the huge difference is that we now get a fatal error. Beside
that, it makes a difference that we broke BC twice now. Users would
again have to update IMP and Ingo if they want to use a newer Horde
version, otherwise they would be unusable. This breaks completely with
Horde's release policy and has to be worked around somehow. If that's
not possible we need to revert the Template changes and keep them for
Horde 4.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/