[dev] [cvs] commit: ingo/lib/Template Template.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Dec 18 11:13:17 PST 2006

> Right... but because the entire template class wasn't merged to Ingo
> beforehand, now people who upgrade Horde _do_ have BC broken.
> Horde_Template may have been broken before, but Ingo was still BC
> because fixes were ported to it.
>
> I don't see any great options, unfortunately. We can remove the new
> template code, or we can just say that you need a certain version of
> Ingo in each branch if you want to use it with Horde HEAD/3.2. There
> are plenty of good performance reasons to keep the new template code,
> so I'm inclined to, but we'll need to clearly document the ingo
> version requirements.

Looking closer, this is true for IMP as well. Here's what I think we
need to do:

- revert the changes to the framework Template package until Horde 4.0
- include the _new_ code as the Template file in IMP and Ingo.
- exclusively use IMP_Template/Ingo_Template in those apps.

That will give us BC and performance improvements in the most heavy
usages of templates (IMP/DIMP).

Any objections?

-chuck