[dev] [cvs] commit: turba addressbook_perms.php turba/config

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jan 3 11:23:12 PST 2007

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

>>   Log:
>>   [cjh] Turba has its own Turba_Share code as it relies to some extent
>>   on hierarchical shares, which are being phased out of the main
>>   share driver.
>
> Are we talking Horde 4 here, or looking to do something that is BC
> with Horde 3?  If the former, I'm all for it - and I would love to
> see  this done 'naitive', without the (somewhat) messy code needed to
> make  it work in Horde 3.  If the later, I'm not sure I see a way to
> do  this, although admittedly, I haven't dug too deep into the new
> framework share code yet.

My hope was to make the framework share code non-hierarchical. Most
applications don't make use of parent/child share relationships. Trean
and Ansel do, and need it. Turba does, but only as its way of knowing
which source the share is part of. I think we can write a migration
script for Turba that would use the source name as part of the
group_uid (instead of just horde.shares.turba,
horde.shares.turba.source). If we do that, the Turba changes can be
reverted. That would be ideal I think, and also BC, but I haven't had
time to do it yet.

-chuck