[dev] SyncML errors with contacts

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Jan 11 17:27:55 PST 2007

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> Just updated our version of the Synthesis SyncML client on Palm
> Treo.   This one is version 3.x, and required a total reinstall
> (from version  2.x).  Anyway, I finally got everything syncing
> correctly except for  Turba.  I get a "No SyncML Response" error
> when syncing contacts.  I  traced this down to an error in
> SyncML/Backend.php, line 293.  The  error is "SyncML: Already
> Exists"  Is this an error due to the fact  that the phone already
> contains most of the entries, but horde doesn't  know they were
> already sync'd?  I tried deleting the syncml entries in  datatree,
> but that did not help either...
>
> Any ideas where else to start looking?  I don't want to loose
> changes  that might have been made on the Treos by just starting over!

OK. FWIW, it was failing when there were identical entries in Turba
and on the Treo.  Too make matters worse, the address book would sync
up to the point the duplicate entry was detected, but the downloaded
data was not rolled back, so no matter how many times I cleaned up the
Treo's copy, it was corrupted again on next attempt.  I finally just
had to completely erase the Turba address book (by  moving the entries
to a new address book), then clear the SyncML client's erased items
cache and then sync...geez.
I understand the need for no importinng duplicate entries like this,
but is there a better way to handle it other than just fail?

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)