[dev] [cvs] commit: imp/lib/IMAP Tree.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Feb 24 14:57:08 PST 2007

> And this was all intended.

Except that it doesn't remove a convenience from power users; it
prevents _anyone_ from creating container folders with some imap
servers.

> Sounds like this is fertile grounds for either a config or
> preference option.  But there definitely needs to be an option to
> never allow namespace delimiters, since it is only the "power users"
> that will know what their delimiters are for each individual
> namespace.

I don't think an admin option or preference is the right answer here.
I have an alternate suggestion: if the user includes the hierarchy
separator in a folder name when renaming or creating, give them the
two possible options (create both levels, or a). create a single
folder containing the separator if we have a way to escape it, b).
choose a different name.

-chuck