[dev] [cvs] commit: dimp/js DimpCore.js dimp/js/src DimpCore.js

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Mar 1 01:15:05 PST 2007

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> slusarz     2007-03-01 00:40:51 EST
>>
>>  Modified files:
>>    js                   DimpCore.js
>>    js/src               DimpCore.js
>>  Log:
>>  Much more natural splitbar implementation for me - don't redraw message and
>>  preview windows until splitbar is dropped.  Fixes issue of message list
>>  always scrolling to the top of the message list on splitbar movement.
>
> This was actually the intended behaviour (not the scrolling, but the
> on-the-fly redrawing), but I can see how this is a matter of taste
> which feels more "natural".

The newer way is also much quicker: previously we were requiring the
browser to do a viewport refresh for every snapped position.  And add
to that the need to check if we are using preview and, if so, to make
sure the current selected message remains in the view port and then
calling viewport to refresh again if the selected message isn't
visible - again, all of this occurred at every snapped position so if
you moved the splitBar up 3 spots and back down 4, that is redrawing x7.

This was resulting in a cascade of Event triggers that can't possibly
be good for the memory/CPU usage of the local browser.  So even if it
is a matter of taste, the new method just "feels" so much faster.

michael