[dev] [cvs] commit: imp/lib/IMAP MailboxCache.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Mar 9 04:31:43 UTC 2007

> If that's the case, I have no issues with requiring string data.
> Obviously, this would be a BC breaking API change

I'm not sure it would, actually - maybe technically, but given that no
backends except file and zps exist in release code, and most people
don't use zps, I'm pretty sure we were always passing string data
before.

> However other drivers may be doing their own serialization techniques
> on given data, so it is quite possible that we would be doing totally
> inefficient double serialization for all other drivers.

Well, I think that should just push us to not serialize things when we
don't have to. ;)

-chuck