[dev] Resource booking extension for Kronolith

Stephane Pointu stephane.pointu at purplelabs.com
Thu Apr 5 16:13:43 UTC 2007

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:
>
>> Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> writes:

>>> Resource support in the backend doesn't help much if there is no
>>> support in the frontend.
>> That is certainly true but what exactly is kronolith missing at the
>> moment in order to support ressources?
>
> The interface to manage and include resources. Unless you use the
> "hack" to create resources as regular shared calendars and include
> them as attendees. The user managing these resources would still have
> to accepts requests though.

This is how we do today. We wrote a hack to bypass the acceptation by
writing directly in the database. What is painful is when editing or
deleting a meeting with resources.

We wanted to create a proper and clean way to do this. We'll write a
short spec together with Guillaume explaining how we imagine this and
post it here for comments.

In the meanwhile, all ideas are welcome.

Regards,
Stephane