[dev] Resource booking extension for Kronolith

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Apr 8 05:58:06 UTC 2007

Quoting Stephane Pointu <stephane.pointu at purplelabs.com>:

> My company is asking me to provide an extension to Kronolith for booking
> resources such as meeting rooms, laptops, etc...
>
> Having Kronolith architecture in mind do you have any ideas about how we
> should do this. Right now we are writing the specs for it so all ideas
> are welcome.
>
> I've cc Guillaume who will be effectively writing this extension.
>
> Of course we will submit this extension to Horde for inclusion in the
> project.

I'd definitely like to see this done (I have a family car that really
needs this it :)

As to how, I think resources definitely need to be separated from
calendars, though of course there has to be some way that you know
which resources are available to a user - probably they get their own
permissions hierarchy?

And they need to be able to automatically accept non-overlapping
invitations, and reject overlapping ones. Possibly with an override in
there somewhere.

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

-chuck