[dev] Shibboleth/SSO integration

Matt Selsky selsky at columbia.edu
Thu Apr 5 17:10:08 UTC 2007

One option is to have the IMAP server just trust IMP.

Cyrus proxyd since 2.2.9 has a -N switch to allow login without
authentication.  IMP just passes along REMOTE_USER as provided by
Cosign, etc.  If don't know if any other IMAP servers have similar
options.

For a diagram of how UMich does this, if it helps,

http://www.umich.edu/~umweb/software/cosign/cosign-discuss/pdf00001.pdf

--
Matt