[dev] alarms at session creatin

duck duck at obala.net
Wed Apr 11 20:13:44 UTC 2007

Maybe is another thing to consider about alarms. Now we are retrieve the
alarm list periodically. But so we load the alarm list even in the fist
page visit. But this is consuming if you take in mind the a guest
generally has no alarms (other then sysadmins). So we have a lot of
addition useless load on session creation , which is already consumig
Even for users just to load the initial login screen. So I purpose to
skip the alarm list loading for not logged in users. Oky. I may happen
that an app has a general service unavailable alarm even for all users.
But we can just solve this issue having a method like hasAlarms, like we
have hasComments. It would be much faster to just check if the methods
exists than load applications just to get an general empty list.

Duck