[dev] OpenId

Martin Fraser mdf at darksnow.net
Sun Apr 15 18:37:31 UTC 2007

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Martin Fraser <mdf at darksnow.net>:
>
>> Has anyone thought about adding OpenId into the Horde system, either as
>> a client for single sign on logins or the server itself, or both?
>
> Yup, I've thought about both. :) I'd be all for it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Chuck, should this be added to the bug
tracker as a feature request?

>> My problem was that I wanted to use an LDAP auth backend, but why not
>> use Horde_Auth instead and authenticate against whatever Horde is using.
>
> Sounds great. FWIW, here are the contents of the running OpenID note
> I've been keeping:
>
> I dug through the JanRain code quite a bit, and it's a bit bloated and
> sloppy, but I think that's just a side-effect of the library having been
> ported to a number of different languages, and clearly PHP wasn't the
> original.
>
> You might also be interested in Wez's much simpler code:
>
> http://netevil.org/node.php?nid=949

It was the Jan Rain code I was looking at because it was pear
installable. I had a look at Wez's code but it looks to me like it is
only a client side library so to produce a IdP I would need other code
anyway. So I think I'll use the Jan Rain code I put it in the tests as a
recommended package, so if the libs are installed it will work.

I had started doing this as a new module, but the bounty needs it to be
a part of the core code. So, I'll make a http://domain/horde/idp/
directory for it. I understand this therefore needs to be a part of the
horde module itself.

Is there a way to submit this officially or some mechanism I would need
to go through to do this all officially.

Cheers and I'll let you know when I've got anything at all working.

Martin...