[dev] Proposal for Resource booking extension for Kronolith

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Apr 20 19:20:49 UTC 2007

Quoting Stephane Pointu <stephane.pointu at purplelabs.com>:

> Below is our proposal for implementing resources management in Horde.
> It will be based on Kronolith.

Taking the existing comments into account I think this sounds good. In
terms of version, what's your timeline for this? If it's not going to
be done in the next month or so you should probably target Horde
4/Kronolith 3.0, which has some other consequences but will be most
realistic and avoid too much rewriting of things like Share code.

> Database table to be created:
> events_resources
> + event_id -> Taken from events table
>   resources_names
>   event_date -> confirmed booking
>   next_event_date -> next event to be confirmed

I wonder if having an "exceptions" field, like for recurring events
now, would work better. Also you probably want a resource_id, not the
string name.

I have one general request; can you please post this spec on the Horde
wiki (http://wiki.horde.org/), and track updates and progress there?
Adding the screenshots there would be nice too.

Thanks!

-chuck