[dev] Ansel and tagging

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Mon Apr 30 04:12:35 UTC 2007

In working on the tagging implementatin in Ansel, I'm trying to
envision how gallery tags should work versus tagging individual images
- UI wise.  I see that Chuck has added a table for gallery level tags
so I am assuming that both gallery level and image level tags are
desired...

Here are some questions I keep coming back to - when drilling down in
a tag search, should galleries be displayed along with images - maybe
in s separate section of the page?  Or should the user choose to view
only galleries vs images?  Another thought I had was if tagging a
gallery should make it look like all the images in that gallery were
tagged with the gallery tags...sort of like providing a default tag
for all images in that gallery?

Would like to get some feedback on what the original thought was on
the gallery tags before I get too deep in the UI aspect of this...

Thanks!

Thanks,
mike

--