[dev] prefs of non-horde applications

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu May 3 18:58:46 UTC 2007

Quoting dev at stean.ch:

> Thanks Michael,
>
> as far as I have seen that driver would be used by the whole
> Horde framework. However, I would need a special preferences
> backend only for one single registered application. The rest
> of horde should still use the default one. I have not yet
> found a clean way to tell horde that.

Ah.  Well, I doubt there is a *clean* way of doing it - the prefs are
designed to be global.

  Off the top of my head, what about writing the new backend prefs
driver, then in the one app that you need it for, you could
instantiate it and replace the $GLOBAL['pref'] object.  Of course,
you'll need to override some functions, like Prefs::retrieve to in
order to load the horde-scope prefs from the 'global' driver and the
app scope prefs from your driver...

Just a thought...

Thanks,
mike