[dev] Common templates and company data

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon May 7 15:17:51 UTC 2007

Zitat von Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> Thinking forward about development of Gulliver, Minerva, Hermes, Merk etc, on
> the end all this modules had to print some work/financial data, if possible
> in company design (common company header, footer etc). Maybe it won't be a
> bad idea to think about a reusable “financial template” component or even
> better about a template management module. The purpose of this module will be
> to allow users to update their company data (address, upload logo etc)
> available to all financial modules and on line editing of template files and
> CSS.

I like the idea. But thinking further, I don't assume that people are
going to update their company data that often. And I don't see how a
comfortable template or CSS editing should work inside a browser.

I guess the question is, whether it would happen in the future that
people are going to use these modules for more than a single company
or set of companies, i.e. in a shared hosting environment. In this
case we obviously can't require people to upload their templates in a
configuration directory, but OTOH we still need shared templates for
all users of a company/domain.

So I'm a bit torn if such a module really makes sense, though I can
see the need for a solution.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/