[dev] Sharing with virtual domains [was] Re: Galleries seem to cross over virtual domains in Head.

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Mon May 7 15:48:27 UTC 2007

> Zitat von eculp at encontacto.net:
>
>> I haven't tried this for probably 6 months but I'm testing the HEAD
>> version with virtual domains and can't stop galleries from crossing
>> over or maybe I should say, being seen on all the other virtual
>> domains but without the photos.
>>
>> I have always done this with seperate VFS trees for all the virtual
>> domains.  In my conf.php the:
>> $conf['vfs']['params']['vfsroot'] = '/usr/local/www/VFS/' . $vdomain . '/';
>> which works fine for the galleries created in that domain but if I
>> create galleries in two domains each can see the galleries that
>> correspond but also see the gallery created in the other domain but
>> without images due to the fact that Apache is looking in the directory
>> structure assigned in http.conf that corresponds to the vfsroot
>> variable.
>>
>> This was never a problem previously.  Now I have tried to block it
>> with permissions etc. and haven't been able to plus one of the cool
>> parts of the gallery is that each can open their galleries to the
>> public if they so desire.
>>
>>   I also just realized that the same is happening with the kronolith,
>> mnemo, and nag.  For example in kronolith I see:
>> My Calendars:
>>
>>      * eculp at unixmania.com's Calendar
>>      * [Manage My Calendars]
>>
>> Shared Calendars:
>>
>>      * [eculp at ecomania.info] Citas
>>      * [eculp at encontacto.net] ReporteDiario
>>
>> Previously I would only see the domain calenders.
>
> Not with the default code. We never separated users from different
> domains. Though we probably should, now that we have the vdomain
> setting.

Hi Jan,

It was a couple of years ago but the only thing that I remember doing
was to change my ldap base
   from:
     ou=people,o=LdapBase
   to:
     ou=people,ou=$virtualDomain,o=LdapBase

I can't remember why it worked or maybe it wasn't even that, it could
have been something in sessions.

I do agree that using vdomain would probably be handy for many and I
would go back to my original ldap structure.

Thanks again,

ed