[dev] resources calendars in Kronolith

Gunnar Wrobel p at rdus.de
Mon May 7 15:56:52 UTC 2007

Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> writes:

> Quoting Guillaume Estrade <guillaume.estrade at purplelabs.com>:
>
>> I would like to know how I could create the resources shared calendars
>> in the datatree.
>
> Please, don't use the datatree for this code. It is going away
> completely in Horde 4 and everywhere we can remove it beforehand we are.
>
>> For the moment I have set the owner as 'resource' but kronolith uses
>> users'  email address to display their calendars.
>
> We use their identity, which can have a name, and I don't think we
> actually use email addresses anywhere. So I'm not sure entirely what
> you're talking about.

I guess this refers to the default share id since the default shares
are identified as 'user at example.org'. But this is just the ID of the
share and is not linked to the 'owner' of the share (though the owner
of such a default share will usually be same as specified in the id).

As far as I can tell a shared resource should have the correct
permissions to give several users access to the resource. This is the
way shared resources work when using the Share/kolab.php driver. This
is not really linked to the user but rather to the permission system
supported by the Share-driver.

If somehow possible it would be great if this new resource framework
would stick to the interface provided by the Horde_Share
class. Currently the user can decide between both the DataTree- and
the Kolab-Share driver. I believe that the Kolab-driver has already
all the parts necessary to support shared resources and if there'd be
DataTree specific parts creeping back into the Share system I'd be
unhappy :)

Cheers,

Gunnar

Tel.   : +49 40 432 72335                      Hartwig-Hesse Str. 12
Fax    : +49 40 432 70855                            D-20257 Hamburg