[dev] Ansel Tags

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Sat May 12 00:58:43 UTC 2007

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:
>
>> 1) Currently, when "browsing" tags, matching images/galleries with
>> at  least PERMS_SHOW from all users are returned.  My original idea
>> was to  filter it by user depenging on how one arrived at the
>> results page.   For instance - if you were browsing a gallery ownded
>> by user "mike",  then select a tag to browse, you will initially be
>> shown only results  owned by "mike" (with appropriate permissions,
>> of course).  There  would be a link to show results by all users on
>> the results page.  If  you arrived at the results page via the (as
>> yet non-existent) browse  page, you would be shown results from all
>> users, unless otherwise  selected from the browse page.  Does this
>> sound reasonable to everyone?
>
> That sounds reasonable for now. I'll need to use it a bunch more to
> see what feels natural.
>
>> 2) The only 'gotcha' that I have come across is the generation of
>> the  related tags used when tag browsing. Currently, the query is
>> oblivious  to image ownership and permissions...what this means is
>> that it is  *possible* the user may be shown a tag that only exists
>> on image(s)  that they cannot see - if that  image is also tagged
>> with tag(s) the  user is browsing.
>
> Hmm, but if the user is looking at the image already, they can see it,
> so there has to be at least one image with that tag that they can see.
> Right? Slightly tricky to think about...

Except that the tags that you already have choosen are not shown in
the related tags box...for instance I am browsing tags "birthday" and
"fun".  I have an image tagged with both "birthday" and "fun" so I see
that image. My friend has a image tagged with "birthday", "fun" and
"naked" (thankfully this image is private).  In the related tags
element, I would be shown only "naked" since I have already browsed to
the "birthday" and "fun" images.

Anyway, I have already "fixed" this by checking the number of hits
each related tag would return - and that check DOES take into account
permissions...but as I said in my commit message, it could be a little
more resource intensive due to the extra queries...

Thanks for the feedback!!  Havin' lots of fun implementing this one :)

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)