[dev] Bug or misconfiguration in IMP (message counts)

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Fri Jun 1 13:53:51 UTC 2007

I didn't see this on bugs.horde.org, and haven't seen anyone else
mention it on the lists, so it's likely a misconfiguration on my part.
I wanted to check here before posting a bug report.

I'm getting an error when the new message count in my sidebar is
different than the actual number of new messages in the folder and I
try to open the folder. If, after getting the error, I select the
folder again, it opens with no problem, so this is a minor annoyance
at best. It seems to happen only after login, and I've only noticed it
with my Inbox (though I haven't specifically tested it with other
folders). An example would be that I login (loading the portal page)
and see that there are 12 new messages in my Inbox (according to the
sidebar). I look at some things on the portal page, taking a few
minutes, then click on "Inbox". I'll get the error, then click on
"Inbox" again, and the folder will load with 14 new messages (clearly,
I got new mail since I logged in but the sidebar hadn't updated yet).
The error is:

Notice: Undefined index: 7 in
[path_to_horde]/imp/lib/MIME/Contents.php on line 134

Fatal error: Call to undefined method PEAR_Error::findBody() in
[path_to_horde]/imp/lib/IMAP/MailboxCache.php on line 606

The index number in the error can be different; it was 7 when I wrote
the error down. I've gotten the error since I set this server up about
a month ago, and it still happens after a CVS update yesterday
(running CVS horde and imp with Dovecot IMAP).

Thanks in advance for any guidance,
Rick