[dev] [cvs] commit: ansel/templates/view gallery.inc image.inc results.inc ansel/themes screen.css

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Jun 1 19:21:57 UTC 2007

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> I like this better as well.  I don't like the absolute positioning
> either, but couldn't think of a way to float it properly and not
> have  it overlap any other elements.

Well, absolute positioning doesn't guarantee it doesn't overlap,
either. I think we need to declare a box inside the navbar frame, and
float the tags to the right inside that box.

> Thought of some js to add up the  heights of the elements on top of
> window and add a buffer, but that  seemed kinda hackish to me and
> not that much different than  positioning it as we do now.  Open to
> suggestions.

Yeah, that'd definitely be worse. :)

>>  - add a real form for adding tags so that you can hit enter and have
>>  it work. will also allow for non-ajax tag adding if it gets written
>>  later (please do :)
>
> Do you mean refreshing the page to update the tags for browsers
> without AJAX?  The tags can also already be edited via the property
> page for the image or gallery...

If the form on the main page isn't _supposed_ to work without
javascript, then it should ideally be generated entirely with
javascript so it's not there if it's not going to work.

-chuck