[dev] [cvs] commit: incubator/thomas admin.php bloggers.php cloud.php delete.php edit.php external.php next.php read.php search.php trackback.php user.php incubator/thomas/lib TagCloud.php Thomas.php View.php api.php base.php metaWeblog.php ...

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Wed Jun 6 18:33:43 UTC 2007

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:
>
>> duck        2007-06-03 10:50:12 EDT
>>
>>  Modified files:
>>    thomas               admin.php bloggers.php cloud.php
>>                         delete.php edit.php external.php next.php
>>                         read.php search.php trackback.php
>>                         user.php
>>    thomas/lib           TagCloud.php Thomas.php View.php api.php
>>                         base.php metaWeblog.php
>>    thomas/lib/Block     blogs.php categories.php category.php
>>                         last_bloggers.php last_comments.php
>>                         tags_cloud.php
>>    thomas/po            thomas.pot
>>    thomas/templates/block blog.php
>>    thomas/templates/list blog.php bloggers.php search.php
>>    thomas/templates/user admin.inc header.inc read.inc
>>  Log:
>>  Fix the blogers stats calculation in the bloggers view.
>>  Show the ratings in blog list and blog view.
>>  Move the dateFormat function to Thomas_View, since is a view
>> dedicated function.
>>  Replace the deprecated is_a() with interaceof.
>>
>>  Michael: I reverted the getLastComments change since completely
>> foods my installation - I get the max execution time fatal error.
>> If  the actual forums/getThreads call dose not work for you please
>> point  me to find out why.
>
> What happens is that this block displays comments from *all* forums
> on  my installation...ansel, jonah, etc...
>
> The reason is that in the forums/getThreads call you are passing a
> '0'  as the first parameter ($thread_root) which when you follow the
> code  to Agora_Messages::getThreads the control structure on line
> 908  doesn't set any parameters for message_id or message_thread.
> Additionaly, even if the if condition was changed to
> isset($thread_root) we would still get back a result set of all
> messages that have a 0 value for message_thread...regardless of the
> value of fourm_id.
>
> The issue is that Agora_Messages::_getThreads doesn't know anything
> about scope...it only looks at the agora_messages table.  I'll take
> a  look at if this is easily fixable in agora without breaking other
>  things...I'll try to get a look at it when I have time later on
> this  afternoon possibly.

I think the problem is related to what you were trying to do in the
commits in march, like,
http://lists.horde.org/archives/cvs/Week-of-Mon-20070305/065797.html

It looks like your trying to fool ::getThreads into thinking we have a
forum, when we do not. The 0 in the first parameter is signifying
which message in a particular forum to start at...but we don't
actually *have* a forum yet. Sooooo, fourum_id will be zero, thus
ignored, thus all forums will be returned.  Since getThreads knows
nothing about scope, forums for *all* scopes are returned.

Not sure of the correct way to fix this though.  Could try to bring in
the scope in getThreads, but I'm not sure that makes sense. That is
getting threads of a forum, not a list of forums...so we should
already know what the scope is.  Think the correct thing would be to
get a list of forums from the correct scope  (either from the calling
app or from a forums/list call) *then* get the threads.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)