[dev] [cvs] commit: incubator/thomas admin .php bloggers.php cloud.php delete.php edit. php external.php next.php read.php search.php trackback.php user.php incubator/thomas/lib TagCloud .php Thomas.php View.php api.php base.php me taWeblog.php ...

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Jun 7 14:05:50 UTC 2007

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> On Wednesday 06 of June 2007 20:33:43 Michael Rubinsky wrote:
>> > What happens is that this block displays comments from *all* forums
>> > on  my installation...ansel, jonah, etc...
>
> Yes, as I have splitted messages in scope dedicated tables I didn't
> notice the
> problem. But adding scope check in the getThreads will cost us another join
> or other perfomance issues. The best it will be to force to split data per
> scope table. With this we can even have set the forum_id as the of the scope
> internal id. This will even reduce all the additional load switching between
> forum_id and forum_name. The new table creation can be done automatically
> like the sequence table in PEAR DB.

Not sure I agree 100% with automatic table creation. I see the
performance gains by using dedicated scope tables on the installations
that need them, but think this should still be a configuration option,
not a requirement....and this would kind of leave the api in a
somewhat inconsistent state, as it would only work as expected
(returning only forums within a scope) when using dedicated tables.

Of course, just my two cents.

Thanks,
mike

--