[dev] Workers in Hermes and Gulliver

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jun 19 13:26:14 UTC 2007

Zitat von Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> On Monday 18 of June 2007 19:00:21 Jan Schneider wrote:
>> But what has one thing to do with the other? Tasks are managed in Nag,
>> and Nag already has an assignee field, though the logic an UI is still
>> missing. But this has nothing to do with time tracking, let alone an
>> option to enter the start and end time. Or am I missing something?
>
> So you purpose to extend nag. But I must have to be able to bill tasks, and
> link tasks to a customer. All things that will eat ground to Hermes.

You can already bill tasks since they are provided through the
listCostObjects api. It makes a lot of sense to me to link tasks to
clients though. We could even filter cost objects on these clients if
one is selected in the time entry form. The listCostObjects api would
need to be extended to either accept clients as a parameter, or
provide client information in the returned data. I guess it makes more
sense to filter clients in the applications to avoid passing too much
unnecessary data around.

> I have four scenarios for employees resource management. All have various
> parts in common. Just point me to what is the right approach.
>
> 1st
> Customer call/send mail for an issue, the support team resolves the issue or
> delegates the task to another employee (programmer etc.). The employee then
> just set how many time was spent on resolving the issue and if work is
> billable. This perfectly fits in Hermes. The only this missing is the task
> delegation (is just to add a field in the form).

Correct. Well, not only the form field, but also some code. Most of
that could be copied from Kronolith though.

> 3nd
> A team leader delegates timed tasks for the employees for the
> current day/week
> and prints them the time sheet. Then he prints the calendar with assignments.
> I think this can be done in Kronolith, Nag or Hermes, but using its interface
> is to complicate and wasteful. An easier dedicated form must be created.
> Where?

Since Kronolith already shows tasks in the calendar views, this would
be my first choice. But if you need something simpler, you should add
an alternate view to Nag. This could even be the start of a Gantt
chart view in Nag.

> 4rd
> A wellness center reception centers is called by a customer (many a non
> returned, so they are not in the db). The receptionist must see the free time
> of the employees and resources (sauna etc). And assign a treatment of the
> costumer to one employee.

That's exactly what meeting planning in Kronolith is suited for. All
we need is to integrate the resource management. Someone is already
working on this.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/