[dev] [cvs] commit: turba/lib Turba.php base.php turba/lib/Driver imsp.php share.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jul 12 02:52:47 UTC 2007

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

>   Log:
>   Fix problem where multiple share enabled sources could cause
> cfgSources key collisions. This should (hopefully) close Bug: 5535
>   Any testing / feedback welcome.

Here's the thing: I've been trying to get away from the share keys
containing meaning. That we name default shares after users is bad
enough, when for a SQL-based share driver we should really just have
an integer primary key. Having a display name and a non-display name
is not a great situation (see datatree_id and datatree_name).

I might be on the wrong track here; we might _want_ share ids to
contain meaning - but we can't really specify that meaning for all
possible backends, or we can't really assume it'll be the same.

So I think I like your other idea, of having the drivers do the
default share check, better. The IMSP driver can know what its shares
are named and handle them appropriately, and the SQL driver can let a
default implementation (in the base turba_driver class) look at
whether a share with the parameter "default" exists... that sound
doable?

-chuck