[dev] [cvs] commit: turba/lib Turba.php base.php turba/lib/Driver imsp.php share.php

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Jul 12 12:01:49 UTC 2007

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:
>
>>   Log:
>>   Fix problem where multiple share enabled sources could cause
>> cfgSources key collisions. This should (hopefully) close Bug: 5535
>>   Any testing / feedback welcome.
>
> Here's the thing: I've been trying to get away from the share keys
> containing meaning. That we name default shares after users is bad
> enough, when for a SQL-based share driver we should really just have
> an integer primary key. Having a display name and a non-display name
> is not a great situation (see datatree_id and datatree_name).
>
> I might be on the wrong track here; we might _want_ share ids to
> contain meaning - but we can't really specify that meaning for all
> possible backends, or we can't really assume it'll be the same.
>
> So I think I like your other idea, of having the drivers do the
> default share check, better. The IMSP driver can know what its shares
> are named and handle them appropriately, and the SQL driver can let a
> default implementation (in the base turba_driver class) look at
> whether a share with the parameter "default" exists... that sound
> doable?

I see your point about the share keys.  I tried to give them as little
meaning as possible - it's really only there to ensure uniqueness
across different drivers, but should be doable by assigning
responsibility to the individual drivers instead.  I'll work on that
over the next few days probably and see if I can't do better :)

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)