[dev] attachment problems in IMP-cvs

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Tue Jul 17 10:05:43 UTC 2007

> Quoting Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:
>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I got reports from users, that they sometimes get wrong attachments
> >> shown in their messages, attachments from messages of other users...
> >>
> >> What could cause such a behavior? How can I track this down or fix
> it?
> >
> > What kind of attachments?
>
> Not all of them specified the kind of the attachment. One user was
> telling me that there was an attachment shown in a message which
> actually didn't have one. An other saw a MS-powerpoint, a mpg and two
> mp3 files instead of a single MS-word file attached to a message in
> his sent-mail folder.
>
> After a day or so, when they checked again the messages looked fine
> again.
>
> This is a rather critical probelm, because unauthorized access to
> private is potentially possible.

I don't see this with HEAD. Also I doubt that this is security issues because permissions are set on IMAP server not IMP. Your users are probably seeing attachments from THEIR other messages. Sounds like message index issue. If you are using mailbox cache try clearing it.

--
  Pagarbiai,

  Vilius Šumskas
  LNK TV sistemų administratorius