[dev] attachment problems in IMP-cvs

Didi Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Tue Jul 17 10:27:25 UTC 2007

Quoting Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:

>> it?
>> >
>> > What kind of attachments?
>>
>> Not all of them specified the kind of the attachment. One user was
>> telling me that there was an attachment shown in a message which
>> actually didn't have one. An other saw a MS-powerpoint, a mpg and two
>> mp3 files instead of a single MS-word file attached to a message in
>> his sent-mail folder.
>>
>> After a day or so, when they checked again the messages looked fine
>> again.
>>
>> This is a rather critical probelm, because unauthorized access to
>> private is potentially possible.
>
> I don't see this with HEAD. Also I doubt that this is security
> issues because permissions are set on IMAP server not IMP. Your
> users are probably seeing attachments from THEIR other messages.
> Sounds like message index issue. If you are using mailbox cache try
> clearing it.

I use the mailbox cache and I cleared it already, but after some day I
got these reports again. Could it be that the IDs for the cache are
not random enough so that after a few days the same IDs generated?
We use a cluster of 4 webservers serving IMP the cache is stored on
memcache servers running on each of those machines.

Didi

--
Didi Rieder
adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at