[dev] Slow horde/imp with SSL

Jarek jarek at poczta.srv.pl
Sat Jul 21 12:05:22 UTC 2007

Hi all!

I've a problem with horde/imp running over SSL. I'm running debian etch, with
apache2, imp Version: 4.1.3-4, horde Version: 3.1.3-4.
The problem is the following:

imp running over http, loads and works fast, but over https it takes 10-15s for
the initial page to load.

I've spend a lot of time digging for the reason without success. I'm sure that
the problem is somehow related to horde/imp, because there is no such problem
with other web applications, like phpmyadmin or phppgadmin. They work fast on
both http and https (on same server).

What is specific for horde imp, that it slows so much over ssl ?

Did someone notice that same problem ?

any help will be appreciated

best regards
jarek