[dev] Slow horde/imp with SSL

Marc Jauvin marc at r4l.com
Sun Jul 22 03:54:54 UTC 2007

I've had the exact same problem, but it disappeared at some point. I
could never nail the details, but I'm pretty sure that was an issue
with a specific version of Horde (probably around the version you
mention).

Try upgrading to the current CVS HEAD version, I don't have this
problem anymore.

Regards,

Marc Jauvin.

Jarek <jarek at poczta.srv.pl> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I've a problem with horde/imp running over SSL. I'm running debian etch, with
> apache2, imp Version: 4.1.3-4, horde Version: 3.1.3-4.
> The problem is the following:
>
> imp running over http, loads and works fast, but over https it takes
> 10-15s for
> the initial page to load.
>
> I've spend a lot of time digging for the reason without success. I'm
> sure that
> the problem is somehow related to horde/imp, because there is no such problem
> with other web applications, like phpmyadmin or phppgadmin. They work fast on
> both http and https (on same server).
>
> What is specific for horde imp, that it slows so much over ssl ?
>
> Did someone notice that same problem ?
>
> any help will be appreciated
>
> best regards
> jarek