[dev] [cvs] commit: turba/lib Turba.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jul 23 19:44:39 UTC 2007

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

>> Great. Things do seem to be working for me now. Aside from my earlier
>> comments about default shares, I don't have any other real problems
>> with the current code.
>
> Could you elaborate a bit on no default shares?  Do you mean
> something  like users only seeing certain shared address books and
> no "My Address  Book" type of share for a particular source?
>
> I can't remember, was this possible with the 'original' share
> implementation in Turba? What about adding Yet Another parameter to
> the cfgSources entry to disable default share checking for a
> particular source?

Please no. :)

Take a look at my last commit - the defaults entry for each source was
being checked for _every_ share, so once a default share was found, if
a later share was *not* the default share, the $defaults entry would

I think between fixing that, and setting the missing 'name' parameter,
things should be mostly better now (I was getting a lot of extra
default shares for all of my users).

I think it might be a good idea, though, to mimic the logic we have in
the other groupware apps, where we only create a default share if the
user doesn't have any other address books (or perhaps, any others in a
specific backend, for Turba's case).

-chuck