[dev] Video

Duck duck at obala.net
Wed Sep 5 11:37:28 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 05 of September 2007 13:12:15 eculp at encontacto.net wrote:
> Wow, looks very nice. Are you using php5-ffmpeg for conversion?  There
> is an interesting project, although I haven't tried it.  The demos
> have a different, AFAIK, concept.  The original format is maintained
> and is downloadable but all the videos are converted to flash, that I
> hate because I use FreeBSD, for standardization. Conceptually, it
> looks pretty good. I tested it  by uploading the Toreo video that is a
> 1.7M wmv and it is presented as flash but can be downloaded as .wmv
> again.  It is in the Test Videos Cat. #3. http://demo.achtube.com/
>
> This is a plugin for Joomla, BTW.
>
> I look forward to this going into the incubator.  Thanks for sharing.
>
> ed

I convert the files to flv too. For the conversion in currently use mplayer
called from the command line (shell_exec()), But the conversion class is its
own abstraction, so someone can write his own driver.

Currently I keep the original files but can't be downloaded, maybe this can be
done as some way of “archive feature”, turned on/off in the configuration.
Since in large installations keeping original files soon fills disk space.

As soon I made made some usable GUI will will move it into incubator and
continue developer in there.

Duck