[dev] [cvs] commit: incubator/oscar/config conf.xml incubator/oscar/lib Oscar.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Sep 10 14:50:39 UTC 2007

Zitat von Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

>>> mrubinsk    2007-09-09 23:51:06 EDT
>>>
>>>  Modified files:
>>>    oscar/config         conf.xml
>>>    oscar/lib            Oscar.php
>>>  Log:
>>>  We should use a configuration parameter for an alias to oscar's
>>> VFS dir (like we do in Ansel). This make it more obvious that you 1)
>>> need a file based vfs, and 2) that you must create an alias to the
>>> proper dir in the VFS for oscar to function.
>>
>> Actually we should not require a file based VFS.
>
> Agreed, although we will still need a web accessable directory to
> store the flv files out of though, correct?  Should I just re-word
> the  configuration description then...maybe make it a fully
> qualified url  in the case the VFS represents a directory on another
> web server? I'm  still not clear on how viewing the flash files out
> of a sql based vfs  would work, though that is just probably my own
> lack of understanding :)

It's the same like in Ansel. Files are generally provided through a
script, so the VFS backend doesn't matter. Having an alias that points
directly to VFS_file directory is only an exception.

> Maybe a config file similar to what we do in ingo would be good here
>  as well then to ease configuration of other VFS backends?

There is already a <configvfs> tag for conf.xml if you need
application-specific VFS configuration.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/